Friday, February 28, 2014

Jicama and Sweet Potato Fries

So I love french fries but since doing this new way of eating I just don't eat the white potatoes anymore. If you want a way to enjoy this guilty pleasure without too much fuss just follow this recipe and I promise you wont miss those white potatoes.


So you will need:
Either 1 Jicama or 1 Sweet potato
Olive Oil
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Cajun seasoning


All you have to do is peel the vegetable, cut it into fry chunks (skinny,fat, or sliced)
put in a bag or container and pour just enough olive oil to coat and then season to taste. (if you are feeling really dangerous you can also shake in some Parmesan cheese) I love the Cajun because it gives it a kick.

I bake these at 400 for about 15-30 minutes depending on the size that you cut them into.

Sometimes I will dip them in plain Greek yogurt to taste like sour cream.

If you do just the basic above ingredients you are going to be looking at about 160 calories for the full vegetable, but then you would have to add in if you do any of the extras (Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment