What you need:
1- 8 oz. can bamboo shoots (drained and minced)
1- 8 oz. can water chestnuts (drained and minced)
3 Tablespoons cooking sherry
2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon reduced fat peanut butter
2 Teaspoons soy sauce
2 packets sugar substitute (I use equal)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup minced onion
1/2 pound ground chicken breast
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
1 Head butter leaf (AKA Boston leaf) lettuce
1 whole green onion chopped
In a medium bowl, combine the bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, sherry, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, and sugar substitute. mix well and set aside. ( I just food process everything so it's less work)
In a saucepan over medium heat good garlic and onion until fragrant, add chicken and a pinch of salt. cook and break the chicken into small chunks. and the bamboo shoot mix to the pan with chicken. Stir in the sesame oil. Spoon the chicken mixture into the Boston leaf lettuce.
* I cook brown rice while this is cooking and add that into the lettuce with the chicken mixture and add a little hot sauce to finish it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment